Importance of Marrying a Pious Life Partner:
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
In Islam, marriage is a blessed contract between a man and a woman, in which each becomes “permitted” to the other, and they begin the long journey of life in a spirit of love, co-operation, harmony and tolerance, where each feels at ease with the other, and finds tranquility, contentment and comfort in the company of the other. The Qur’an has described this relationship between men and women, which brings love, harmony, trust and compassion, in the most moving and eloquent terms. This is the strongest of bonds, in which Allah (SWT) unites the two Muslim partners, who come together on the basis of love, understanding, co-operation and mutual advice, and establish a Muslim family in which children will live and grow up, and they will develop the good character and behavior taught by Islam. The Muslim family is the strongest component of a Muslim society when its members are productive and constructive, helping and encouraging one another to be good and righteous, and competing with one another in good works.
Narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) who said: “A woman may be married for four things: her wealth, her lineage, her beauty and her religious commitment. Seek the one who is religiously-committed, may your hands be rubbed with dust (i.e., may you prosper).”
In today’s world, our society is impacting us hugely. Instead of following the Islam and Sunah to chose a life partner, most people prefer the materialistic things. Media influences our young people and change their mind for selecting their life partner. Around 10-15 years ago, the average age of marriage was about 20-25 (Women), 25-30 (Men) but now the average marriage age has grown to almost 30+ both for men and women, because people has focused on wealth, lineage and beauty rather then religiousness. Islam has told us how to select a life partner for yourself. There are four aspects on which a person should chose his/her life partner;
Religious Commitment is the most important aspect, which is why it was preferred in Islam. Several verses in Quran also support this aspect. Allah Says: “Marry the single people from among you and the righteous slaves and slave-girls. If you are poor, Allah (SWT) will make you rich through His favour, and Allah (SWT) is Bountiful, All-Knowing. And let those who cannot find someone to marry maintain chastity until Allah (SWT) makes them rich through His favours.”
Virtues of Marrying a Religious Person:
- 1: A religious person does not focus on collecting wealth and materialistic things.
- 2: A religious person know the Rights and Responsibilities of his/her partner and fulfill it because it obligatory.
- 3: A religious person always strives to keep his/her partner happy.
- 4: A religious person helps his/her partner in home chores
- 5: A religious person always protects his/her partner from unwanted lusts of the world.
- 6: A religious person is always focusing on efforts for the Day of Judgement.
- 7: A religious person don’t get angry and even if he/she gets angry, its temporary.
- 8: A religious person does not quarrel with his/her partner. This maintains the harmony.
- 9: A religious person is never close-fist nor Profuse.
- 10: A religious person does not take part in gambling and other bad deeds.
- 11: A religious person always try to educate his/her children about Islam, and try to keep them on right path.
- 12: A religious person never cheats on his/her partner, making a religious family far less to Divorce.
These are few point only. Islam has taught us many things about Rights and Responsibilities of Mutual Life Partners. So, the final though is; if you find a religious person, marry them asap. Because if you prefer other things in this world over Islamic Character, there is a chance that you will delay this much that you might not get married at all.
May Allah help us chose a religious Life Partner and help us to reach them no matter the distance or race. Ameen